Moody S336 Fin Keel Built 1995 launched 1996
Designed by Bill Dixon and built by Marine Projects (Plymouth) under the Moody brand the 336 was a highly successful design. A comfortable and reliable cruising boat they also prove to be highly capable racing around the cans with many class wins at regattas to their credit. Offering 6 comfortable berths with a large galley and huge heads the class is as desirable today as it was when launched.
A late built S336 (series II) example of the class 'Tartan Pimperinel' boasts a higher quality and more refined interior finish than that found on the earlier examples. She has proved to be a dependable cruising boat for a family.
Current owner has completed improvements over the last year making her a truly step on go boat.
Builders and Designers
Builders: Marine Projects Plymouth Ltd in 1995.
Designer: Bill Dixon.
One of the last examples of this popular class benefits from the later style of interior constructed and finished to a higher standard than the earlier examples.
Single piece GRP moulded hull.
Plywood structural bulkheads internally glassed to hull.
Bolted on external iron ballast keel.
Partial skeg supported rudder.
Hull finished externally with white isophalic gelcoat.
Hull finished below the waterline in white antifouling.
Bottom taken back to gelcoat and 3 coats of Yuton Epoxy in 2019
Single piece GRP moulding with integrated cockpit and transom.
Sandwich construction moulding with balsa core and plywood stiffening pads in way of deck fittings.
Deck finished in isophalic gelcoat with moulded non-slip textured panels on side decks and coachroof.
Laid teak panelling on the cockpit sole. Replaced 2019
Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails, pushpit rail split to allow transom access.
Stainless steel stanchions supporting stainless steel guard wires.
Alloy toerail outboard with integrated fairleads.
Single stemhead roller.
Self-contained anchor locker below decks, housing windlass, chain self-stowing in locker beneath.
On-deck spinnaker pole storage brackets on the port side deck.
Hardwood grabrails set into the edge of coachroof running aft to sprayhood.
Halyards lead aft along port and starboard sides of coachroof.
Mainsheet located forward of sprayhood spanning the width of coachroof.
Moulded coamings running the length of the cockpit outboard.
Primary and secondary winches mounted on coamings.
Wrap around cockpit seating.
Pedestal mounted at aft end of cockpit.
Liferaft storage provided below removable aft seating thwart.
Large cockpit locker to port with a shallow locker to starboard.
Halyards and mainsheet controlled from rope clutches and winches mounted port and starboard of the companionway.
Stainless Steel Wheel.
Cable Drive System.
Engine and Domestic Equipment
Volvo Penta MD2030, 29hp marine diesel engine.
3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
Volvo Penta mechanical gearbox.
Conventional shaft type sterngear.
Greased type stern gland.
Bronze, fixed 2 blade prop.
Engine professionally serviced May 2019 with new exhaust elbow fitted.
Cruising Speed: 6 Knots
Maximum Speed: 7 Knots.
Fresh Water System
- Full pressurised running hot and cold water system. Faucets provided in galley and heads. Separate full shower also in heads. Single 201ltr capacity water tank. Hot water provided via engine fed calorifier and 240 volt shore power new unit fitted 2019
- Two calor gas 4.5kg bottles secured within gas locker in port cockpit locker. Gas hoses replaced and checked
- Voyager 4500 Two burner, grill and oven. New August 2019
- Top loading fridge, below galley worktop forward. Frigoboat system with ice box.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet, discharging overboard.
Shore Power System
- Hardwired system with onboard metering system and RCD protection. Single 13amp socket in the galley.240 volt Battery charger.
- New Webasto Airtop 40 with 3 outlets fitted May 2019
Engine Bank - 1x 12v, lead acid. (2016)
- 1x 12v, lead acid. (2016)
Water Capacity: 201 litres in 2 x Plastic tanks.
Fuel Capacity: 118 litres in 1 x Steel tank. Fuel tank removed and cleaned and fittings replaced and also pressure tested.
Spars, Rigging, and Sails
Spars & Rigging.
Deck stepped, twin spreader, masthead sloop rig.
Selden silver anodised alloy mast and spars.
Stainless steel 1x19 wire standing rigging with Hasselfor stainless steel rigging screws.
Furlex roller reefing system on forestay.
Slab reefing mainsail.
Rigged with spinnaker gear to masthead.
Spinnaker pole stowing on forward face of mast.
Selden rod kicker.
Midboom mainsheet forward of sprayhood.
Halyards lead aft to cockpit.
Rope clutches port & starboard sides of companionway replaced 2015.
Lazyjacks for the mainsail.
Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 44, self-tailing, two speed.
Secondary Winches - 2x Lewmar 30, two speed.
Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, self-tailing, two speed.
Mast Mounted Reefing Winch - 1x Lewmar 8, single speed.
Mainsail - White dacron. Fully battened, slab reefing. 2 reefs rigged.
Genoa - Roller reefing. White dacron with white UV stripe.
Spinnaker - Tri-radial.
Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type cover with lazyjacks and mast boot.
Sprayhood - 1x Winter sprayhood. 1x Cruising sprayhood, Owen Sails 2017
Pedestal Cover - Blue. 2015.
Spray Dodgers - With name on. 2014.
One of the last examples of the class to be built she has the later style of interior construction and finish, in the same style as found on the S38 and S31 models from Moody. Internal joinery work constructed from teak faced plywood with solid teak trims. Sole boards in the traditional teak and holly style.
Summary of accommodation from forward:
- Two single berths in a V-configuration with central infill section creating large double bunk. Standing room at aft end of bunk with storage lockers outboard to port and hanging locker to starboard. Overhead lockers run the length of the bunks outboard. A large opening deck hatch provides light and ventilation.
- Centrally mounted, double drop leaf saloon table, bottle storage provided in the central section of the table. Bench style settee seating on the starboard side with wrap around U-shaped settee to port. Both settee's convert to occasional berths. Storage provided outboard of the seating overhead and behind the seat backs. Additional storage beneath the starboard saloon settee.
- Located at the aft end of the saloon to starboard. Aft facing chart table which utilises the aft end of the starboard settee as a navigators seat. Storage provided within the table and in drawers beneath. Ships switch panel and VHF mounted outboard.
- To port of the companionway. J-shaped galley worktop. Stove mounted below worktop aft with infill panel to create additional worktop space when required. Top loading fridge below worktop, outboard, forward. Twin stainless steel sinks forward. Below worktop refuse bin concealed under worktop inboard.
- Self-contained heads compartment to starboard of the companionway. Aft facing manual marine toilet at the forward end of the compartment. Wash hand basin and vanity units outboard. Full standing shower cubicle at the aft end of the compartment with a seat.
- The master cabin is a hidden gem occupying the majority of the space aft of the companionway. Accessed through a door in the galley. Standing room provided forward to port. Storage lockers and L-shaped seating provided. Large double bunk extends outboard to starboard. Storage shelf running the length of the bunk outboard to starboard.
Log - Raymarine ST60+ Tridata System
Depth - Raymarine ST60+ Tridata System
Wind - Raymarine ST60+
Autopilot - Raymarine i70 control head with wheel drive unit. (2014)
Plotter - Garmin 550 7" display, removable, flush mounted in cockpit.
VHF - Icom. Mounted at chart table
Compass - Binnacle mounted.
Mooring & Ground Tackle
Bower Anchor - Harbourfast plough anchor on 55m calibrated chain rode.
Kedge Anchor - 8kg Danforth (2018) with chain (10m) & warp (34m) warp.
Electric Anchor Windlass - Simpson Lawrence Seawolf. Foot button control on foredeck.
Mooring Warps x 4
Fenders - x 6
Manual Bilge Pump - Located in cockpit.
Boarding Ladder - Transom mounted.
Owners Service History
Webasto Airtop 40 heater with three outlets fitted 2019
Full Shore power fitted with RCD, new water heater and battery charger. May 2019
Replacement Cockpit sole Aug 2019.
Engine fully serviced and new Exhaust elbow replaced May 2019
Fuel Tank removed cleaned and treated and fitting repaired. Then pressure tested and fitted May 2019
Gas hoses replaced may 2019 and cooker replaced August 2019.
All underwater coating removed Dec 2018 and new coating including 3 coats of epoxy keel faired and white antifouling applied. April 2019.
- Gps - Chartplotter
- Shore power inlet
- Hot water
- Log speedometer
- Spray hood - new 2017
- Marine head
- Manual bilge pump
- Swimming ladder
- Lazy bag
- Battened mainsail
- Teak cockpit - Cockpit sole replaced 2019
- Spinnaker pole - stored on mast
- Furling genoa
- Wind speed and direction
- Steering wheel
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Vendor is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at his own expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and / or to have an engine trial conducted, which if carried out by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
Note to seller and purchaser: If the boat you are selling or purchasing is registered, please ensure that the registration is completed after the sale of the boat. If the purchaser wishes to cancel the registration is the duty of the seller to contact the Registry and inform them that the registration is to be cancelled. If the purchaser wishes to continue with the registration, it is the duty of the purchaser to complete the relevant forms and post off the bill of sale to the Registrar.